This past Wednesday, U.S. Grand Lodge of Ordo Templis released its Annual Report for March 2016 – February 2017. This Report includes the following statements:
Ordo Templi Orientis U.S.A. is the U.S. Grand Lodge (National Section) of Ordo Templi Orientis, a hierarchical, religious membership organization. Our mission is to effect and promote the doctrines and practices of the philosophical and religious system known as Thelema, with particular emphasis on cultivating the ideals of individual liberty, self-discipline, self-knowledge, and universal brotherhood. To this end, we conduct sacramental and initiatory rites, offer guidance and instruction to our members, organize social events, and engage in educational and community service activities at locations throughout the United States.
1. To create, maintain, and promote a structured society of men and women within the United States of America, who are united by their acceptance of the Law of Thelema, by a common interest in Magick, Yoga, and Hermetic Science, by the common experience of initiation and sacramental ritual, by common pledges of fidelity, cooperation, and mutual aid, and by certain common ideals, namely: individual liberty; self-discipline; self-knowledge; universal brotherhood; and opposition to tyranny, superstition, and oppression.
2. To manage and govern this society in substantial conformance with the principles set forth in the writings of Aleister Crowley and other historical leaders of Ordo Templi Orientis, with the approval and under the authorization of the International Headquarters of Ordo Templi Orientis, and in such a way as to ensure its continued survival and promote its continual growth and advancement.
3. To provide certain benefits to the members of this society, including, but not limited to: participation in sacramental rituals; social community and entertainment; pastoral guidance and mediation of disputes; instruction in Hermetic Science, Yoga, and Magick; and opportunities for creative expression, community service, and development of beneficial social and professional relationships.
4. To preserve and advance the principles and practices of the religious, philosophical, and magical system of Thelema, and to promote the principles of individual liberty and universal brotherhood.
5. To conserve and manage books, documents, and other properties of historical or practical value which it may possess.
6. To establish physical centers of activity for the society in diverse locations throughout the United States of America.
1. We support the liberty of the individual and the cultivation of self-respect, self-knowledge, self-discipline, and self-responsibility.
2. We affirm the bonds of fraternity and expect fidelity, frankness, cooperation, mutual aid, and good faith among our members.
3. We value hospitality in our community and promote peace, tolerance, truth, and respect to the Order within our temples and precincts.
4. We advocate the principles of Scientific Religion and Universal Brotherhood, and oppose tyranny, superstition, and oppression.
5. We accept and uphold the Law of Thelema as promulgated in the Book of the Law and the writings of the Prophet of the Aeon, Aleister Crowley.
1. We envision OTO USA as a model religious and fraternal order of occult initiates, and a leading proponent of Thelemic thought and culture within the United States.
2. We will maintain a physical presence near every major population center in the country, from which we will offer services in support of our mission to our members and to the public.
3. We will uphold the highest standards of excellence and effectiveness in the practice and dissemination of our religious, spiritual, magical, and ethical teachings.
4. We will espouse and defend the principle of individual liberty while cultivating strong fraternal bonds within our ranks.
5. We will foster harmonious and constructive relationships with the academic, business, civil, and greater social communities within which we operate.
1. There shall be no consideration of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation when considering the fitness of candidates for admission, advancement, or appointment of office within Ordo Templi Orientis U.S.A.
If this all sounds good to you why not drop by oto-usa.org, do a little research, then click on the Locations button, find the the Local Body nearest you and drop by an Open Event and check it out in person rather than virtually!