Here’s the latest from OTO Cabinet member David Tibet and his long-running apocalyptic-folk outfit Current 93. His site states:
“We Are Ecstatically OverMoon to announce that C93 Channel HerSelf and Her Fields in Lovely Leiria, in Beautiful Portugal, on Saturday 25 August. We are also now taking pre-orders on C93’s 2LP Lathe Edition of NATURE UNVEILED, as well as a new t-shirt design, and a new tote bag. We have also added some more paintings by David to the shop.
“I also wanted to give some brief news on what is happening with myself and with C93 in the coming months.
- We expect to UnVeil and ReVeal the new album by C93 at our London Channelling with NWW in October. Her title will be announced in a few months time.
- The next C93 vinyl reissue will be Soft Black Stars, remastered by The Bricoleur.
- We are still waiting to hear when we will receive copies of the 2LP repress of C93’s Thunder Perfect Mind.
- C93 have also recorded a new track, which will be presented for the first time at an academic conference on the ArchAngel Michael that I am attending in Bergen, Norway later this year. I will be delivering a paper on my translation, and grammatical analysis, of a Coptic apocryphal text, The Inauguration of the Holy ArchAngel Michael, and will be playing the track at Bergen. The song will be issued afterwards as a 12” lathe, cut by The Bricoleur at Bladud Flies!
- Steven Stapleton and I are presently discussing a 2LP vinyl compilation of the Stapleton/Tibet albums. We also expect to reissue all of the Stapleton/Tibet albums, as well as much unreleased material, such as out-takes and alternate versions, as a CD box-set.
- I have almost finished choosing all the stories for There Is A GraveYard That Dwells In Man, the second volume of the (mainly supernatural) tales that have most influenced me and my work. As with the first volume, The Moons At Your Door, this will be published by the beautiful Strange Attractor.
- Work is almost finished on my anthology of my favourite stories and poems by Count Stenbock, Of Kings And Things, which is available for pre-order here. It now looks as if the book will be published in early May, due to the many other lovely books about to be published by Strange Attractor.
For more information and ordering visit: