Today, January 4, is National Spaghetti Day in the United States. The nice thing about promotional holidays like this is that there are great restaurant offers all over the nation — some are listed below, but don’t forget to try your local places! If you don’t feel like going out, it’s a quick and easy dish, and most people probably have their very own home recipe.
For people who have the new Science Cauldron (Instant Pot), here’s a new take on an old favorite.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Set the Instant pot to saute, and cook meat.
- Drain grease. Add onions and spices.
- Break the pasta in half and place on top.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste together. Pour over noodles.
- Add water.
- Close Instant pot lid and cook on Manual for 5 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes natural release, and then turn valve to quick release.
(Source: Tastes Better From Scratch)
Here are the deals according to USA Today:
Carrabba’s Italian Grill: Locations nationwide are celebrating National Spaghetti Day Friday, Jan. 4 with a $10 special. Choose from Spaghetti Pomodoro, sautéed in classic tomato sauce or Penne Alfredo and Linguine Positano with crushed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and basil. Sign up for other offers at www.carrabbas.com/offers.
Maggiano’s: For a limited time, take home a free Classic Pasta when you order any Specialty Pasta, Chef Featured Pasta or other Classic Pasta with the “Today and Tomorrow Pastas” special. Also, join the Maggiano’s E-Club at www.maggianos.com/e-club and get a coupon for $10 off. Exclusions can apply.