If you follow this blog, you know that we’re big fans of Chartered Local Bodies of O.T.O. participating in their respective area’s “freedom parades.” It is a wonderful and entirely organic way of making our Most Holy Order visible to non-initiates. The exemplars of this, I’d suggest, is Krewe What Thou Wilt, in New Orleans. And they are open to having folks from other areas marching with them and would appreciate any financial support that could be offered. Here’s the text of a membership application – slightly re-ordered for the sake of non-NOLAites:
“Krewe What Thou Wilt, established 2015 e.v., is the official Mardi Gras Krewe of Alombrados Oasis, OTO, located in the Valley of New Orleans. Our mission is to promulgate and celebrate Thelema within and beyond the Greater New Orleans area. We march on the first parading night of the season through the historic Marigny and French Quarter neighborhoods as an inner-krewe of Krewe Bohème. This year we will march on Friday, February 15th, 2019.
Levels of Membership
• Initiate Member: Open to initiates of the OTO marching in the parade. All Initiate Members must complete steps 1 and 2 above, following the appropriate dues schedule.
• Associate Member: Open to all non-initiates marching in the parade. Associate Members must complete steps 1 and 2 above, following the appropriate dues schedule.
• Amicus Ordinem: Open to friends of the order, anyone who will not march in the parade but who wishes to be a member of Krewe What Thou Wilt and show their support. Amicus Ordinem members do not have to pay Krewe Bohème dues. We do ask that you fill out the attached membership form. Membership fees are $25 or more (payment above the $25 base is not mandatory and is considered a donation). Dues may be paid any time before January 31st— although we encourage early payment as it will help Krewe What Thou Wilt produce the best parade possible this Mardi Gras.
Krewe Bohème Dues Schedule
• $75 if paid by November 21st 11:59 PM
• $150 if paid thereafter
• Please note that Krewe Bohème has payment plans available, see www.kreweboheme.com/membership for details.
Krewe What Thou Wilt Dues Schedule
• Initiate Member: If you are an Initiated Member of OTO, the dues structure is as follows:
o $15 if paid by November 21st 11:59 PM
o $20 if paid thereafter
o Dues must be paid by January 31st
• Associate Member: If you are an Associate Member (not an Initiate of OTO), the dues structure is as follows:
o $20 if paid by November 21st 11:59 PM
o $25 if paid thereafter
o Dues must be paid by January 31st
We look forward to marching with you in 2019. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Krewe Captain Ariel Moon at email@example.com.
In order to march, you must pay both Krewe Bohème dues and KWTW dues, and fill out KWTW Membership forms. For your convenience, the complete dues schedule is duplicated at the end of this overview.
STEP 1: Krewe Bohème dues and Membership Paperwork
To pay your Krewe Bohème dues please visit the Krewe Bohème website at www.kreweboheme.com/membership/. If you need to pay by a different method than that offered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
STEP 2: Krewe What Thou Wilt (Inner-krewe) dues and Membership Paperwork
You may pay your KWTW (Inner-krewe) dues via PayPal by sending a payment to email@example.com and indicating your membership level (initiate, non-initiate) and FULL NAME in the notes section. You may also pay in person to the KWTW Captain or the Treasurer of Alombrados Oasis. Simply bring payment to any Alombrados event, or mail checks (payable to Alombrados Oasis) to KWTW Captain, c/o Alombrados Oasis, 3151 Dauphine St. New Orleans, LA 70117. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange. You must also complete and return the Application Form, and sign the Photo Release and Waiver of Liability Form, included in this