Although April Fools’ Day, also called All Fools’ Day, has been celebrated for several centuries by different cultures, its exact origins remain a mystery.
Some historians speculate that April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563.
April Fools’ Day celebrations include various pranks, hoax product advertisements, and other shenanigans. Pranks can be fun sometimes, like this visually confusing feast menu below. Why not try out some of these recipes with willing guests?
April Fools’ Day Feast
- Edible Juice
- Sausage Meatloaf Cupcake with Creamy Potato Frosting
- Sundaes for Dinner
- April Fools’s Cake
- Candy Sushi
- Lemon Curd Eggs
Want to read more about April Fools’ Day?
- April Fools’ Day
- Fact Check: April Fools’ Day Origins
- The Completely True History of April Fools’ Day
- Burger King crowdsources April Fools’ prank ideas from students
- Hulu’s Latest Into the Dark Episode Highlights the Horrifying Side of April Fools’ Day
- Ronda Rousey Reveals her April Fool’s Day Joke Was Nixed Over WrestleMania Main Event Announcement