It’s Monday, which means you might not feel like cooking. On the other hand, if you want something quick, easy, and fiery for the Aries in your life, this dish from Tasting Table has a number of ingredients with appropriate correspondences: poblano pepper, red bell pepper, paprika, and cumin. If your inclination is to honor Monday with a lunar correspondence, however, the main ingredient, cauliflower, will do that for you. Total prep time is only 20 minutes, which may well be all you feel like dedicating after a Monday at work!
Grilled Cauliflower Fajitas
1 head cauliflower, green leaves and stem removed
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeds and veins removed
1 poblano pepper, stemmed, seeds and veins removed
1 white onion, sliced
1 tbs ancho chile powder
1 tbs paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup olive oil
2 tbs toasted pine nuts
½ bunch herbs (such as parsley, basil or cilantro), chopped
Corn tortillas, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
Salsa, for serving
- Cut the cauliflower into thick slices, and slice the red and poblano peppers into long strips.
- Combine the cauliflower, peppers and onions in a large bowl and toss until combined.
- Whisk together the ancho powder, paprika, ground cumin, sea salt and olive oil. Add to the cauliflower mixture and toss until the vegetables are coated thoroughly.
- Heat a grill pan or grill (use a vegetable grate) over medium heat, and grill the cauliflower mixture until slightly charred and al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle with pine nuts and herbs.
- Serve with corn tortillas, lime wedges and your favorite salsa.