This is one recipe that is a favorite of mine that uses Riesling with Cointreau and is refreshing spring like drink.
- 1 small cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- One 750-ml bottle chilled dry Riesling
- 5 ounces Cointreau or other triple sec
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Lemon basil sprigs
- Using a large melon baller, scoop balls from the cantaloupe or honeydew, or a mix of the two. Transfer the melon balls to a baking sheet and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve the honey in the warm water and refrigerate until chilled. In a small pitcher, stir the honey syrup with the Riesling, Cointreau and lemon juice. Put the frozen melon balls in 6 wineglasses and pour in the punch. Garnish with lemon basil sprigs.