Noted occult author Erik Davis reports that he’ll be skipping around the U.S. and then to the U.K. to promote the release of his new book High Weirdness: Drugs, Visions, and Esoterica in the Seventies. Here’s what he reports he has going on:
“This Saturday, June 8, at 5 pm, I will be doing a free book reading atSkylight Books, 1818 N. Vermont Avenue in Los Feliz, Los Angeles. I love Skylight and am glad that they have supported me all these years!
• The following afternoon, on Sunday June 9, I will be doing another free event, this time a slideshow lecture and DJ-fied hangout called “Welcome to the Weird.” The event will take place at 5 pm at Zebulon Cafe, 2478 Fletcher Avenue, Los Angeles.
• Back in the Bay, on Thursday June 13, at 7pm, I will be reading from High Weirdness at the legendary City Lights Bookstore, 261 Columbus Avenue, SF. I will be doing other Bay Area events later in the summer, including Moe’s, so stay tuned.
• Then I will be in New York City for three events. On Sunday, June 16 I will be doing “The Clearing”: a ramble and talk in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park with the local Psychedelic Sangha crew. Gather on the steps of Brooklyn’s Public Library at 3pm. $10 to support PS.
• On Monday evening, June 17, the always intriguing Morbid Anatomy gang will host a “Welcome to the Weird” lecture at the Green-Wood Cemetery,500 25th St, Brooklyn. The event starts at 6:30 pm and costs $10. Moreinfo.
• On Tuesday night, June 18, the intriguing Assemblage Nomad space will host a free HW book reading at 7pm. Assemblage Nomad is at 114 E. 25th St. Note: the event is free but you must register in advance here. Use the password: WEIRDNESS. Books will be available.
• Finally, on Tuesday, June 25, 7:30 pm, I will be in London doing a HWlecture, followed by a discussion with two weird and wonderful minds: Daisy Campbell and Roger Luckhurst. The event takes place at the Horse Hospital,Colonnade, Bloomsbury. ”