Today, February 22, is National California Day, National Chili Day, National Cook a Sweet Potato Day, and National Margarita Day. To celebrate, we’re providing you with recipes for margarita, chili, and sweet potatoes. Also, a number of restaurants are offering inexpensive or free margaritas to help you get your party on. So drink up!
- Abuelo’s is offering $7.95 margaritas, except in Oklahoma.
- Bahama Breeze Island Grill is offering $2.22 margaritas today.
- Chili’s is offering $5 margaritas for the month of February.
- Cyclone Anaya’s Mexican Kitchen is offering a $5 jumbo margarita with purchase of an entree.
- El Fenix is offering $1 margaritas—frozen or on the rocks—every day in February!
- Hooter’s is offering a $7.95 margarita with a take-home glass.
- La Tonalteca Authentic Mexican restaurants will be offering $3.99 lime margaritas and $4.99 mango-ritas today.
- Margaritas Mexican Restaurants special is a flight of four different flavored margaritas for $10.
- Margaritaville is offering $3.95 margaritas.
- On the Border is offering $2 margaritas today as well as $5 Patron shots.
The classic margarita recipe in the December 1953 issue of Esquire magazine was:
- 1 ounce tequila
- Dash of Triple Sec
- Juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
Pour over crushed ice, stir. Rub the rim of a stem glass with rind of lemon or lime, spin in salt—pour, and sip.