Melvin Jerome Blanc was known best as an American voice actor, but he was also an actor, radio comedian, and recording artist. Born May 30, 1908, in San Francisco, he is best remembered for his work in animation as the voices of Looney Tunes characters such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner, and the Tasmanian Devil. As a young man he was a member of the Order of DeMolay, and was eventually inducted into its Hall of Fame.
In honor of Mel Blanc’s prolific career, we present the following suggested feast menu with a Looney Tunes theme:
- French Grated Carrot Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette (Bugs Bunny)
- French Onion Soup (Pepé Le Pew)
- Broiled Chicken with Rosemary and Garlic (Foghorn Leghorn)
- Quinoa Side Dish (Speedy Gonzalez)
- Rainbow Chard with Pumpkin Seeds (Yosemite Sam)
- Banana Cream Pie (Road Runner)