Having been retrograde since May 18, Mercury goes direct today. According to astrology, Mercury influences communication, intellect, and travel; he rules both Gemini and Virgo, and the Third and Sixth Houses.
According to 777, the following plants and herbs correspond to Mercury: Vervain, Herb Mercury, Major-lane, Palm [Lime or Linden], Mastic, White Sandal, Nutmeg, Mace, Storax, all Fugitive Odours, and Amaranth. While we can’t exactly serve a meal using all these items, we can put together a menu that incorporates quite a few. You can choose between desserts, or serve both for a little decadence!
Menu for Mercury
- Carrot Soup with Mace
- Chicken Breasts Roasted with Honey, Pine Nuts and Thyme
- Amaranth Risotto with Mushrooms
- Charred Green Beans with Lemon Verbena Pesto
- Nutmeg Feather Cake
- Key Lime Pie
- Mint Tea with Lemon Verbena
- Lemon Verbena Gin and Tonic