Tomorrow, July 4, is Independence Day in the United States, celebrating the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Many Americans celebrate Independence Day with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts, baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies. Picnic food is an important part of these celebrations, including cake and punch. Why not try these recipes?
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen lite whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Follow these instructions to bake an Independence Cake.
- Cranberry Juice
- Blue Gatorade Frost
- Diet 7-Up
- Ice cubes – enough to fill the entire drink container
- A large drink dispenser
Follow these instructions to make Independence Punch.